The very lovely Shelley from My Shoebox Life passed me the Kreativ Blogger Meme last week. I have taken a bit too long to pass it on, but I am finally here.
If you don’t follow Shelley on Twitter or read her blog My Shoebox Life you really should. She is ever so lovely.
So, here are the rules:
1. Copy the award to your blog
2. Insert a link to the person who nominated you
3. Share seven things about yourself that you haven’t told us before
4. Nominate other bloggers for the award – share the love
5. Link to their blogs
6. Tell the nominees about their award
Because I blog about a lot of personal things I’m going to have to dig deep to find some interesting and perhaps quirky things that you won’t already know. I have a feeling that if you didn’t already think I was odd, after reading these, you will!
Here goes …
1. I am incredibly superstitious. I will never walk under a ladder, and have extended this to stairs or escalators, if I put something on inside out I will leave it that way if I can’t get someone to take it off for me, I freak out if I see shoes on a table and I always get out of bed the same side I got into it. Always.
2. I’m stealing this from Shelley – it is almost word for word how I feel. I really stress myself out over buying presents for people. You name it, Mothers Day, Father Day (don’t remind me, I know it is next week), Christmas, Birthdays, etc. I will literally spend hours and hours looking at all sorts of present ideas – confusing myself no end and usually resorting to a last minute crappy present because I’ve just worked myself up into such a tizz over it.
3. Also stealing this one. I have a major slight obsession about the toilet roll needing to go over the top of the dispenser, not under. Oh no, never under. Ever! And yes, I have changed toilet rolls around in other people’s houses when they were facing under!
4. I am very sensitive to smells. I love perfume and always have some on. I smell a perfume from my past and have an instant memory of a time I wore it. I have a strange compulsion to smell anything I pick up. I smell nice things such as food, fabric, paper, fingers, hair, perfume, dogs, puppies, shoe polish (my favourite smell) and babies heads. I also smell not so nice things, even though I know it will make me gag. Feel free to call me odd.
5. I have an unnatural fear of cockroaches. I will do anything to get away from one. I have leapt down a full flight of stairs, demanded the maternity hospital let me and my baby leave hospital immediately (10.00 pm) and most recently I have commando crawled out from under a dressing room wall when trying on a dress in the city. What is a girl to do? A cockroach is crawling towards me in the cubicle and blocking the door. All I can do is go under. Thank goodness they were the type of cubicle that had a gap between the wall and floor. I performed a nice tidy commando crawl and think I still came out with my dignity. Kind of. Had I stayed with said cockroach I may have had other embarrassing things to deal with.
6. When I was younger, early 20’s, I set myself 3 goals in my life – To ride in a helicopter (not a joy flight but for a reason); have a hot air balloon ride and swim with dolphins. I can happily say I have achieved all of these goals. I have since set another one which was to skydive from an aeroplane – not yet achieved. Fear of heights and anxiety is preventing me from this one. One day though, I will do it.
7. My life long dream is to write a book. I have wanted to since I was a small child. Books were my life. Enid Blyton was my best friend. I still love books. One day, I will follow my dream. I will.
I now pass this Meme on to the follow lovely bloggers. If you don’t read their blogs or follow them on Twitter. You really should. x
The very beautiful A-M from The House that A-M Built
The lovely Jane from Life @ Number Eight
The amazing Anj from Anj Writes About
The very lovely & hilarious Cate from I’ll Think of a Title Later
The gorgeous Jodi from Missea
The beautiful Christie from Home Grown
Last, but by no means least, the very talented Bern from So Now What?